The following items must be properly completed and received by LOPFI within 10 days of the governing body’s approval to adopt LOPFI coverage.
- Draft Audit Letter – The letter must be re-typed on department letterhead to certify regular audits occur and demonstrate that the department can afford to adopt LOPFI coverage.
- Contact Information Sheet – All contact information must be provided when you are adopting LOPFI coverage. Both Paid and Volunteer service at the same department must be included (if both types of service exist), please mark each service on this one sheet. It is only necessary to complete a Contact Information Sheet for the one department.
- Resolution or Ordinance – Shows the governing body (City Council/Board of Directors/Commissioners) approved the adoption of LOPFI Benefit Program 3 (BP3) coverage and the effective date of adoption, which will always be the first of the next month. Note: the Resolution is for non-municipalities and the Ordinance is for municipalities.
- Agreement to Adopt Retirement Coverage – Is a formal acknowledgment by the governing body (City Council/Board of Directors/Commissioners) that the adoption of LOPFI coverage is irrevocable and the department must maintain email and internet capability and use LOPFI’s web-based employer reporting and remit all payments by e-Payment.
- Copy of minutes – From the governing body’s meeting at which the approval was given to adopt LOPFI coverage. The minutes must show the governing body clearly authorized the adoption of LOPFI coverage.